At Copenhagen University College of Engineering we have a long tradition for an inspiring student environment
Your life as a student at Copenhagen University College of Engineering is more than laboratories and books, and our campus offers many facilities and activities for students:
- Campus Cafeteria is open every week day between 8 am and 2.30 pm and offers several opportunities for hungry students who do not want to spend too much. Outside opening hours you can grab a cup of coffee, fruit or sweets from the vending machines.
- Campus Library is definitely the place for borrowing text books or searching for information regarding your projects. But you can also read the daily newspaper, study a number of international magazines or get some good advice from the librarian on bedtime reading!
- Campus Bookstore is the place to look for your text books and you can also pick up other necessities – and do not forget to buy your ticket for the annual ball!
- Free language course is available for exchange students if you want to get an initial knowledge of the Danish language or improve your English skills. Do not expect Danish to be an easy language – but you will have a lot of fun trying to pronounce “Rødgrød med fløde” or “Kartoffel” and learn more about the Danes. Read more about the free language courses
- Verner’s Backyard (Verners
Baggård), named after a former rector of Copenhagen University College
of Engineering, is the place to meet and relax. Students play darts,
pool, backgammon or meet in the bar. From time to time you can listen
to live music or see a film. The place is run by students and is open
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at noon.
Students run the Board and work as bartenders. The Board organises evenings with live music, both with bands from Copenhagen University College of Engineering and from outside.
- Meet Verners at Facebook
- FiKTiv Fitness is the campus fitness centre, equipped with advanced machines, a solarium and trained instructors. The membership fee is DKK 400 per semester.
- Music society You can join the music society and get free access to practice rooms for whatever you are in to - rock, jazz or classical music. You may join a band or establish your own band and use the music rooms with vocal equipment and percussion. The fee is DKK 200 for a semester if you are DSR-member. The rehearsal room in the basement is supplied with drums, percussion, guitar, bass, amplifiers, recording possibilities and other cool stuff.
- Cultural Forum runs art exhibitions on campus. Several pieces of art form an integrated part of University Colleges buildings and moreover several temporary art exhibitions take place all year round.
- Sports facilities are available through cooperation with the local municipality in Ballerup. You will have the chance to study alongside high level athletes, as Team Denmark sponsors Danish athletes for the Olympic Games during their part time studies at Copenhagen University College of Engineerings.
Over time students have formed several clubs depending on their interests and you are always welcome to contact the students association (DSR) if you want to join a club or start new activities.